As time elapsed, we have forgotten the primary essential traits that define a person. And what trait other than Kind describes the essence of the human being correctly?
The best thing one can do to ‘thy-self’ is – Be Kind – Always. Compassion and kindness start with you. You are special and deserve the best. Shower yourself with love, kindness and affection.
What you already have can be shared easily –
It’s important to be kind to others also, but as the saying goes charity starts at home – start with you. If you cannot be kind to self, it is impossible to be good to others. As quoted by Henry James – “Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind, the second is to be kind, and the third is to be kind.”
Make it a habit to be good and kind to you. Appreciate yourself; accept yourself the way you are. Invest time in yourself. Life will become joyful and happier. And so will your relationships to all will improve. Your self-esteem will rise.
Way to be kind to yourself –
“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” – Maria Robinson.
- Do something which brings you joy. Even if it starts with few minutes, just do something that will bring you tremendous delight. Make time for ‘me-time’ every day. It can be your favorite song, read a book, and take a nap or travel. Dedicate some time to any enjoyable activity you prefer.
- Respect yourself. Have Self-respect. Value yourself, form your own opinions and don’t compare to others. You’re a unique individual. Be like that all the time. Treat yourself worthy and take good care of you.
- Self-Recognition. When was the last time you acknowledged your achievement? Start now. Be aware and recognize the smallest and tiniest of successes.
- Inner critic Inner advocate is like your personal cheerleader – a supporter. While the critic judges you, is harsh to you, the advocate defends you, encourages you and is always on your side. Criticism works, but will not boost your morale every time. That’s why develop a personal advocate and turn off the negative self-talk.
- Forgive, Forget and Move on. Time waits for none. Angry at yourself? Show yourself some kindness – forgive yourself, overlook small mistakes. Let go of pain, sorrow, anger or holding a grudge, forgive yourself for the choices – that’s past and move on. Resolve to do better henceforth.
- Value the good qualities. Acknowledge the good qualities you have. Push through limiting beliefs and truly shine.
- Be your own Best Friend. Show compassion for self. Love and accept yourself. Talk to yourself – after who knows you better than you.
Louise Hay cites – “If we really love ourselves, everything in our life works.” Just start with few of these ways and the concept of love and kindness for oneself will no longer be a foreign concept.